Friday, February 18, 2011

It lives on!!!

Guys,

I was in Gainesville today doing a little railfanning waiting by the mainline for some action when I heard a train on a siding switching a grain plant. I walked over and what did I see on the CSX powered train but TWO Family Lines SCL /LN covered hoppers! Now, I know that Ken wouldn't be excited by this even though he's an L&N man because he is a pre - SCL guy. I'm glad to see anything with L&N on it.

I went and had lunch at a local cafe within walking distance and then returned to wait by the mainline. No luck by the mainline; however, the same train with the SCL/LN's was backing onto the same siding and this time it had FOUR of the Family Lines SCL / LN covered hoppers!

Dummy me didn't bring my regular camera, so I used my cell phone to take a number of pictures.

L&N - "Gone, but not forgotten"

Rick

2 comments:

  1. Scott,

    I didn't know any more of them existed until I saw one in Birmingham going the opposite direction when I was headed to New Orleans a couple of years ago.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete

Write your comment here!