Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Labor - Or "Keep on Painting"

Men,

Some think that Labor Day is a day to take off from labor; however, this labor day I actually did some work for a change - on the railroad. After weeks of looking at the unpainted alcove addition I decided that I was FINALLY going to get the drywall mud work done. I was surprised to learn that there was only a little smoothing to do, so after everything had dried I painted the area. The paint is a pretty fair match to the existing paint and I can blend the two colors with a third color when I do the sky and clouds. I'm amazed on how the addition looks painted as the curved walls fool the eyes into thinking that there's no end to the room. I want to thank all of you that helped me get the alcove ready.

Now that I've got things rolling I plan on doing the floor next, adding molding, and putting the trim rings on the ceiling lights this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here!