Friday, September 17, 2010

What's new on the Richlawn RR

I thought that you guys may be interested in what's happening here on the Richlawn Railroad since you visited last. First of all, the alcove expansion is completely finished! I didn't post a picture on that as there's not much to see. I wrote an article for MRH on the how to cove the corners which they may publish.

I'm currently working on the expansion of the Hoovertown area that will include more businesses along with housing. I'm also working on scratch building my childhood home, named the "Blenheim" project. This will be my first scratch built structure using plastic.


I've laid out the roads using masking tape and drawn a 6" x 6" grid. I also have the area drawn on a piece of graph paper with the same grid layout where I can fiddle with streets, alleys, lot sizes, etc... One thing I've discovered is that I've got a BUNCH of structures that I need to build.

One of the structures that I need to build is my childhood home and I've been busy drawing the layout sketched for all sides. There are a bunch of angles and "fun" areas that I'll have to deal with. Stay tuned for more as I progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here!